What's in a colour?

When it comes to UI design, I often find I spend far too much time on little details because I don't know "the rule of thumb" for that particular area. Over the course of my career I have made web apps and desktop apps and picked up some tricks but the main area I struggle in, is colour.

I know there are many books explaining which colours should be used in which situations but the area I suffer in, is choosing colours to compliment each other.....

Which is why I think this site is genius! Seriously, genius! Imagine wanting to create a web page and you want to make sure you choose colours that match. Worry no more click the link at the end and have a play yourself. Simply choose the type of colour rule your want (e.g. complimentary, compound, shades etc...) and move the wheel about and you will get 5 colours that work extremely well together. We can all make funky websites now! :-)

URL: https://color.adobe.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's have a meeting

What Makes a good autobiography

Charity